European digital services company
Merger of entities following acquisitions
About the client
A European player in IT services and software, our client occupies a differentiating position between global operators and niche players. With its multi-specialist profile, the group offers its clients a combination of proximity, sector-based organization and industrial quality solutions.
What were the results?
- The creation of the 5th largest infrastructure outsourcing company in France
- No loss of skills due to the merger of 3 companies with very different cultures
- A modern and industrial organization
- A quick operational merger limiting the loss of activity
- 4 points of profitability gained each of the 2 years
What was the key to your success?
Successful mergers generally have 2 characteristics
- The objective of the operation is clear and known by all, which induces a necessary transparency, but also a pedagogy of the target and the method,
- A speed of execution that energizes the structure and leaves no room for “political” games or late questions.
1 Partner, 2 consultants
Where did you start from?
Our client has acquired 2 family-owned infrastructure service companies (100 and 400 people) and wants them to join a team of 500 people already present internally in this field of expertise.
The target is a subsidiary of 1100 people / 90 M€ of turnover present on the whole French territory.
What was your approach to the issue?
We approached the operation by involving the management structure on 2 subjects in parallel
An "operations" stream
- Convergence of operating, financial, legal and HR modes
- Tuning of financial parameters
- Arbitration of skills and commercial territories
- Rationalization of the 3 datacenters
A "Sense/Dynamic" stream
- Promote the coherence of the merger project
- Bringing together the teams and demonstrating the homogeneity of the professions and profiles
- Inspire a development dynamic to replace doubts with success