International Chemistry Group
Implementation of a campaign using participatory innovation
About the client
Our client is a French industrial group specializing in gases for industry, health, the environment and research. It is present in eighty countries around the world.
What were the results?
- 3 development projects selected for launch
What was the key to your success?
We have greatly valued “offbeat” ideas to open the field of possibilities for the entire community. In addition, the competitions have greatly boosted the production of ideas.
Where did you start from?
Our client has set up light “Innovation Labs” to invent and prototype new applications.
It has developed a new concept of container, light and allowing original forms and wishes to develop new domestic uses thanks to this new container.
The objectives of the mission are to mobilize an internal community of more than a hundred employees, with diverse experiences, and to have this community collaborate on the emergence of new application ideas.
What was your approach to the issue?
The process is supported by a collaborative collective intelligence platform (OpenLab™) and is based on the selection criteria and governance in place:
- Preparation of inspiration content published on the platform: description and photos of the new container concept
- Organization and facilitation of a 6-week ideation stage, leading to the selection of three innovative concepts
- Generation of early ideas thanks to a core group of participants, organization of mini face-to-face events to accelerate the collection of ideas
- Progressive invitation of community members
- Animation with competitions to reward offbeat ideas, surveys, organization of idea evaluation and selection workshops…